Saturday, August 2, 2014

windows

I love to sleep in whenever the opportunity presents itself but this morning I woke up at precisely 7:59a. I remember because as soon as the doorbell rang, I asked Musa groggily:

"Babe, what time is it?"

"7:59. It's the window people," he answered.

To self: "YES!"

They said they'd be here between 8 and 10a and they were right on time. (Gosh I love great customer service).

I can't tell you how excited I am for new windows. Jump up and down excited. New purse excited. New shoes excited. Heck vacation excited (and that's pretty exciting in my world).

I've lived in this house for two years with my husband. And in the time we've been here we have done a lot of home improvements to make it our own.

We've purchased new appliances, new furniture, renovated a bathroom, installed new drywall ... the list goes on. I've decorated and redecorated. (Musa often comes home to new artwork, pillows or a rearranged room. Thankfully he's a patient man!)

And the windows are another (huge) sign of our progress. Us building a life together for our family.

So yes, I'm excited about new windows and I can hardly believe I'm saying that. 

Feels like I'm becoming a grown up. (Yikes!!!)